Automotive leather interiors are simply treated cow skin. This makes them sturdy, but sensitive to pokes from sharp objects like children or pet nails. So, if you have small children or pets that frequently ride in your vehicle, a leather interior may not be suitable. But, leather is also very easy to clean up if there is a spill. If you decide on new leather seats for you vehicle, stop in and see us at Auto Interior Decorators and check out our top of the line automotive leather from Katzkin.
Advantages to Automotive Leather Interiors
There are many things you need to take into consideration prior to choosing a leather interior for you vehicle. Leather interiors are fantastic if your car doesn’t experience a lot of traffic going in and out. But, it does tend to crack and peel when under a lot of pressure. A few other things to consider are:
- Tends to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter
- Allows easy removal of pet hair
- Can easily be pierced from sharp pet claws
- Spills can easily be wiped up quickly, avoiding stains
- Nothing beats the feel and look of the luxurious sheen of leather